Below is a recommended board structure designed by NANOE, National Association of Non-Profit Organizations and Executives.
Traditional Organizational Chart (15 Members) Board Member Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Board Member Responsibilities:
• Organizational leadership and advisement
• Expansion of the board of directors, officers, and committees
• Formulation and oversight of policies, procedures, and by-laws
• Financial management, including adoption and oversight of budget
• Oversight of program planning and evaluation
• Personnel evaluation and staff development
• Review of organizational and programmatic reports
• Promotion of the organization
• Fundraising and outreach
Length of term: Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Interested in viewing the organizational chart? Please contact us at NCI